Slow Cooker Ranch Potatoes
Easy slow cooker ranch potatoes recipe, homemade with simple ingredients. Loaded with ranch seasoning, olive oil, butter, Italian herbs.
Ranch and potatoes are a match made in heaven. If you really think about it, this is basically a way to eat Doritos in an acceptable grown-up manner. Enjoy that piece of wisdom while you indulge in this goodness! These Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes and Slow Cooker Candied Sweet Potatoes are also some of my favorite ways to enjoy potatoes via the slow cooker.
How To Make Slow Cooker Ranch Potatoes Recipe From Scratch?
- Toss ingredients– Add potatoes, olive oil, melted butter, ranch seasoning, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning in a crockpot. Toss together until potatoes are coated.
- Cook potatoes– Spread out the potatoes evenly. Cover and cook.
- Enjoy!– Garnish with fresh parsley.
What To Serve With Ranch Roasted Potatoes?
Variations For Ranch Red Baby Potatoes
Ranch mashed potatoes– Mash them and mix them together with cream cheese and heavy cream.
Cheesy ranch potatoes– Mix in 2-3 tbsp of parmesan cheese at the end.
Creamy ranch potatoes– Mix in cream cheese at the end. Cover and cook until fully melted.
Add bacon– Use bacon bits as a topping at the end.
Use potatoes wedges– For a finger food version of these potatoes.
Make crispy potatoes– After following the recipe, broil the potatoes in the oven at the end.
Make it spicy– Add red chili flakes, jalapenos, or even cayenne if you prefer more heat.
Add other seasonings– Such as smoked paprika or Cajun seasoning.
Add a topping or garnish– Such as chives, sour cream, or cheese.
Tips And Techniques
Dry ranch powder vs. Ranch dressing– You must use the dry ranch powder. The dressing will make them soggy and an unpleasant texture.
How to prep potatoes? Wash the skins, pat the potatoes dry, and cut them in half.
What kind of potatoes to use? Use baby potatoes either red or yellow potatoes, or even a combination of them will work.
Adjust seasoning– Add more or less according to your preference.
Spread potatoes evenly in the crockpot– This allows them to cook evenly.
What size crockpot to use? I recommend a 6 quart or larger crockpot.
What setting on the crockpot to use? You can cook the potatoes on High Heat for 2-3 hours or on Low Heat for 4-5 hours or until the potatoes are cooked through and tender.
Refrigerate– In a sealed container for up to 3 days.
Freeze– In a freezer safe container for up to 3 months.
Reheat– In the oven, air fryer, or in the microwave.
More Slow Cooker Side Dishes
- Slow Cooker Cauliflower Casserole
- Slow Cooker Refried Beans
- Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Casserole
- Slow Cooker Sausage Stuffing
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Hashbrown Casserole
- Slow Cooker Green Bean Casserole
- Slow Cooker Glazed Carrots
- Slow Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Creamed Corn
Slow Cooker Ranch Potatoes
- 3 pounds Baby potatoes, Red potatoes or yellow potatoes, Washed, Patted dry, Cut in half
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 3 tbsp Butter, Unsalted, Melted
- 1 packet Dry ranch seasoning, 1 oz. packet
- Salt, To taste
- Pepper, To taste
- 1-2 tsp Italian seasoning, Adjust according to your preference
- 1 tbsp Parsley, Fresh, Roughly chopped, For garnish
- Add potatoes, olive oil, melted butter, ranch seasoning, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning in a crockpot (6 quart or larger).
- Toss everything together until potatoes are coated.
- Spread out the potatoes evenly.
- Cover and cook on High heat for 2-3 hours or on Low heat for 4-5 hours or until potatoes are cooked through and tender.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and enjoy.
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days and reheated in the microwave, air fryer or oven.