Slow Cooker Ranch Potatoes
Easy slow cooker ranch potatoes recipe, homemade with simple ingredients. Loaded with ranch seasoning, olive oil, butter, Italian herbs.
This is one of the most delicious ways to enjoy potatoes! If you really think about it, this is basically a way to eat ranch Doritos chips in an acceptable grown-up manner. Enjoy that piece of wisdom while you indulge in this goodness! These Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes and Slow Cooker Baked Potatoes (In Foil) are also family favorites.
How To Make Slow Cooker Ranch Potatoes Recipe From Scratch?
- Add ingredients in crockpot- This includes potatoes, olive oil, melted butter, seasonings.
- Toss– Until combined.
- Cver- And cook.
- Garnish- With parsley.
What To Serve With Ranch Roasted Potatoes?
Proteins are always a good option:
- Slow Cooker Roast Beef
- Slow Cooker Pot Roast
- Slow Cooker Ham
- Slow Cooker Mississippi Pot Roast
- Grilled or baked chicken
You can even serve it alongside soups or even mix in leftovers in soups to thicken them:
Variations For Ranch Red Baby Potatoes
Ranch mashed potatoes– Mash them and mix them together with cream cheese and heavy cream.
Cheesy potatoes– Mix in 2-3 tbsp of parmesan cheese at the end.
Creamy potatoes– Mix in cream cheese at the end. Cover and cook until fully melted.
Add bacon– Use bacon bits as a topping at the end.
Use potatoes wedges– For a finger food version of these potatoes.
Make crispy potatoes– Once cooked, spread them in a baking tray and broil them in the oven until golden brown.
Make it spicy– Add red chili flakes, jalapenos, or even cayenne if you prefer more heat.
Add other seasonings– Such as smoked paprika or Cajun seasoning.
Add a topping or garnish– Such as fresh chives or parsley or shredded cheese.
Tips And Techniques
Dry ranch powder vs. Ranch dressing– You must use the dry ranch powder. The dressing will make them soggy and an unpleasant texture.
How to prep potatoes? Wash the skins, pat the potatoes dry, and cut them in half.
What kind of potatoes to use? Use baby potatoes (either red or yellow potatoes) or even a combination of them will work.
Adjust seasoning– Add more or less according to your preference.
Spread potatoes evenly in the crockpot– This allows them to cook evenly.
What size crockpot to use? I recommend a 6 quart or larger slow cooker for even cooking.
What setting on the crockpot to use? You can cook them on High heat for 2-3 hours or on Low heat for 4-5 hours or until the potatoes are cooked through and tender. Prick with a fork to check their “doneness.”
Refrigerate– In a sealed container for up to 3 days.
Freeze– I don’t recommend this since potatoes don’t thaw well and end up with an odd texture.
Reheat– In the oven, air fryer, or in the microwave.
More Slow Cooker Side Dishes
Slow Cooker Ranch Potatoes
- 3 pounds Baby potatoes, Red potatoes or yellow potatoes, Washed, Patted dry, Cut in half
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 3 tbsp Butter, Unsalted, Melted
- 1 packet Dry ranch seasoning, 1 oz. packet
- Salt, To taste
- Pepper, To taste
- 1-2 tsp Italian seasoning, Adjust according to your preference
- 1 tbsp Parsley, Fresh, Roughly chopped, For garnish
- Add potatoes, olive oil, melted butter, ranch seasoning, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning in a crockpot (6 quart or larger).
- Toss everything together until potatoes are coated.
- Spread out the potatoes evenly.
- Cover and cook on High heat for 2-3 hours or on Low heat for 4-5 hours or until potatoes are cooked through and tender.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and enjoy.
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days and reheated in the microwave, air fryer or oven.