Slow Cooker Garlic Mushrooms
Easy slow cooker garlic mushrooms recipe, homemade with simple ingredients. Full of butter, garlic, Italian seasoning and lots of parsley.
If you are a fan of mushrooms, you must make this recipe immediately. The mushrooms are cooked to perfection and are so flavorful. Be sure to also check out this Slow Cooker Mushroom Bolognese and this Slow Cooker Vegetarian Stuffing (Mushroom Stuffing) for another way to enjoy mushrooms at dinner.
How to make slow cooker garlic mushrooms recipe from scratch?
- Mix ingredients in crockpot- This includes mushrooms, melted butter, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper.
- Cover- And cook.
- Garnish– With lots of parsley.
What to serve with garlic butter mushrooms?
This is a great side dish that will go with many main entrees, but some of the best are meat or pasta dishes or a combination of both!
- Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken
- Slow Cooker Roast Beef
- Slow Cooker Pot Roast
- Crockpot Sausage and Peppers
- Slow Cooker Mississippi Pot Roast
- Slow Cooker Chicken Drumsticks
- Slow Cooker Turkey Breast
- Slow Cooker Ham
- Slow Cooker Creamy Tomato Pasta
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Mushroom Pasta
- Slow Cooker Pasta
- Slow Cooker Chicken Pesto Pasta
- Slow Cooker Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
What mushrooms to use?
For this recipe, I recommend using fresh, whole button mushrooms. You also use Cremini or Portobello mushrooms, but make sure they are whole and not sliced.
Can you cook mushrooms in slow cooker?
Yes! In fact, cooking them this way keeps all that yummy, juicy flavor inside. If done correctly, they will be the perfect texture and not soggy like you might have thought.
Creamy garlic mushrooms
After mushrooms are removed from crockpot, there will be a decent amount of liquid left behind. Transfer it to a nonstick saucepan and cook on stovetop over medium heat with a cornstarch slurry (1 tbsp cornstarch dissolved in 1 tbsp water). Finish it off by mixing in a little heavy cream until sauce is slightly thick and silky smooth. This can be drizzled on top of the mushrooms prior to serving.
Stuffed mushrooms- And you thought this recipe couldn’t get any better! Remove the stems and load these mushrooms with chives, cheese, onion, peppers, and/or meat of your choice. Bake them in the oven for a crisp, delicious side dish to share.
Cheesy mushrooms- Many believe cheese makes everything better! If you are a cheese lover, add shredded cheddar, mozzarella, or your favorite cheese over the top until slightly melted and enjoy.
Sautéed mushrooms- If you like your mushrooms more dry and crisp, try sautéing them in a nonstick pan instead.
Add ranch seasoning– Replace other seasonings with 1 packet of dry ranch dressing mix.
Try different herbs and seasonings– Depending on what kind of flavor you want, try adding rosemary, basil, or thyme instead of parsley. You can also do Cajun or Mexican seasonings to go with different main dishes, like Slow Cooker Steak Tacos or tacos with Slow Cooker Taco Meat (Ground Beef).
Add lemon– Mix in a little zest and freshly squeezed juice at the end for added flavor.
Tips and Techniques
Bake or roast mushrooms- Transfer cooked mushrooms to a baking tray that’s been lined with aluminum foil and sprayed with oil. Broil in oven until tops are slightly crispy.
Don’t add liquids– Such as broth or milk, because this will add too much liquid and make the mushrooms soggy and soupy.
Use unsalted butter– Because you do not want to overpower the mushrooms with salty flavor.
Use whole mushrooms– And not sliced or chopped mushrooms, because they will got too mushy and lose the right texture if sliced.
Refrigerate- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Freeze- This is not recommended because mushrooms don’t thaw well and become too soggy and “squishy”.
Reheat– In microwave or stovetop.
More Slow Cooker Vegetarian Side Dishes
- Slow Cooker Creamy Brussels Sprouts
- Slow Cooker Candied Carrots
- Slow Cooker Glazed Carrots
- Slow Cooker Yellow Squash Casserole
- Slow Cooker Cauliflower Casserole
Slow Cooker Garlic Mushrooms
- 2 pounds Button mushrooms, Fresh, Cleaned, Whole, Not sliced
- 1/2 cup Butter, Unsalted, Melted
- 4 cloves Garlic, Finely minced
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Salt , To taste
- Pepper, To taste
- 2-3 tbsp Parsley, Fresh, Roughly chopped, Adjust according to your preference
- In a large crockpot (6 quart or larger), add mushrooms, melted butter, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper.
- Mix until combined.
- Cover and cook on Low heat for 2-3 hours or until mushrooms are tender according to your preference.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer the mushrooms from the slow cooker to a serving dish.
- Add lots of parsley and toss until combined. Enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days and reheated in the microwave.