Slow Cooker Glazed Carrots
Easy slow cooker glazed carrots recipe, homemade with simple ingredients. Loaded with baby carrots, brown sugar, butter, cinnamon and garnished with pecans. A classic Thanksgiving side dish!
These candied carrots are a classic carrot side dish when it comes to the holidays. It’s one of the easiest carrot recipes ever, especially for Thanksgiving! Take some work off your plate and add these cooked carrots and my Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes to your sides list.
How to make honey glazed carrots from scratch in slow cooker?
- Add carrots – To a 6-quart or larger crock pot. Pour the butter over the top.
- Add the final ingredients – In the crockpot and stir.
- Cover and cook – On low for 5-6 hours.
- Stir – Halfway through.
- Garnish – With extra brown sugar. Serve and enjoy!
What to serve with maple glazed carrots?
This side dish goes by many names, some of which have been mentioned throughout this post. Some other given titles for it are caramelized carrots, brown sugar carrots, and sweet carrots. Whatever you call them, they’re dang delicious and pair well with many dishes. Keep reading for our favorite mains to serve this with!
- Slow Cooker American Goulash
- Slow Cooker Mississippi Pot Roast
- Honey Glazed Ham
- Thanksgiving Turkey
- Baked Chicken Thighs
- Smothered Pork Chops
Topping options – Mini marshmallows, chopped pecans, chopped walnuts, brown sugar, fresh herbs, raisins, dried cranberries, etc.
Add alcohol – Such as bourbon, spiced rum, whiskey, or other similar options.
Other sweetener options – Such as only granulated sugar, only brown sugar, date paste, stevia, honey, agave, powdered sugar, maple syrup, molasses.
Use zests- Lemon, orange, and lime are great options for added flavor.
Add dried fruit – Add in dried cranberries or raisins before cooking or use them as a topping.
Make it vegan – Use vegan butter in place of normal butter.
Refrigerate – In an airtight container for up to 2 days.
Freeze – In an airtight container for up to 2 months.
Reheat – In the microwave or in the oven.
Tips and Techniques
Top before serving – Don’t add your extra toppings until you’re ready to serve these candied carrots.
Can I use large carrots instead of baby? – You can definitely use larger carrots. You’ll just have to chop them to be smaller in size. Switching may cause the cook time to be adjusted.
Thicken – Leave the lid off the crockpot and let some of the liquid cook off, if desired.
Leave out the nuts – You don’t have to include the nuts in this recipe as they’re not a make or break ingredient.
Add garlic or onions – This will give them even more flavor and both pair well with sweet flavors.
Slow Cooker Glazed Carrots
- 2 pounds Baby carrots
- 1/3 cup Butter, Unsalted, Melted
- Salt, To taste
- Pepper, To taste
- 1/4 tsp Ginger powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon powder
- 1/3 cup Brown sugar
- 1/3 cup Nuts, Such as pecans or walnuts, Roughly chopped, For garnish
- Add baby carrots in a crockpot (6 quart or larger).
- Pour melted butter.
- Add salt, pepper, ginger, cinnamon powder, brown sugar and mix until combined.
- Cover and cook on Low heat for 5-6 hours or on High heat for 3-4 hours until carrots are tender.
- Mix everything halfway through.
- Garnish with additional brown sugar and nuts. Enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 2 days and reheated in the microwave.