Slow Cooker Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
Easy slow cooker chicken fettuccine alfredo recipe, homemade with simple ingredients. Loaded with alfredo sauce, parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning and classic fettuccine pasta.
Nothing says comfort and decadence like chicken fettuccine alfredo, and this is the creamiest best version this side of the internet! If you need more creamy pasta in your life, make sure to try this Slow Cooker Chicken Pesto Pasta and Slow Cooker Mac And Cheese.
How To Make Chicken Alfredo Recipe From Scratch in Slow Cooker?
- Season chicken– Add Italian seasoning, garlic powder, ginger powder, salt and pepper over the chicken breasts and place them in a slow cooker
- Mix it– Pour alfredo sauce on top of the chicken.
- Cover and cook– On low heat.
- Shred chicken– Remove chicken breasts and use 2 forks to shred them. Mix until combined.
- Mix it– Add the boiled pasta in the crockpot and mix together gently.
- Garnish it– With parmesan cheese, some black pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Serve immediately– enjoy!
Chicken Alfredo Sauce
I used 2 jars of sauce for this recipe in order to save time and for convenience. However, homemade alfredo is simply a combination of a roux with flour, butter, heavy cream, parmesan, garlic and seasoning.
What Sides to Serve with Homemade Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo?
It also pairs well with soups such as a simple tomato or roasted red pepper soup.
What is the Difference Between Chicken Alfredo and Chicken Fettuccine?
Alfredo refers to a creamy white sauce, and fettuccine refers to the type of thick flat pasta noodle typically served with either alfredo sauce or a tomato based red sauce.
Variations for Chicken Alfredo Pasta
Penne alfredo– Use Penne pasta in place of fettucine noodles.
Chicken broccoli alfredo– Add fresh cut broccoli in the last 30-45 minutes of cooking.
Cajun chicken alfredo– Add cajun seasoning for more flavor.
Blackened chicken alfredo– Blacken the chicken on the grill before adding for additional flavor.
Chicken tortellini alfredo– Use tortellini in place of fettuccine noodles.
Add other proteins– like shrimp, beef, tofu, smoked sausage, or vegan chicken.
Use stuffed shells or ravioli– in place of the fettuccine noodles.
Use leftover grilled chicken– This saves time and is a great way to use up leftovers. Add it in towards the end of cooking to warm the chicken before serving.
Add vegetables– Such as peas, artichokes, spinach, kale, tomatoes, roasted red peppers, or cauliflower.
Add spice– Add red chili flakes for a spicier version.
Add bacon– For a savory salty addition.
Add goat cheese– For a tangy creamy twist.
Add pesto– For additional flavor.
Tips And Techniques
What size crockpot should I use? I recommend using a 6 quart crock pot or larger.
How long do I cook the pasta for? Cook for 2.5 hours with the crockpot on low heat.
Do I need to cook the chicken before putting it in the crockpot? You do not need to cook the chicken before adding it to the crockpot, it will have plenty of time to cook. Do make sure the chicken is thawed before adding it or else the meal will become too watery.
Adjust seasoning– Add more or less according to your preference.
How to thicken pasta? If, for some reason, your pasta ends up too thin, simply cook it uncovered a little longer until some of the liquid has steamed off. You can also discard some of the excess liquid. Pasta will also thicken over time as it absorbs more liquid/sauce.
How to make pasta thinner? If your pasta is too thick or you just prefer it thinner, simply add a bit of of broth or water or milk to the mixture.
What kind of Parmesan cheese to use? Use fresh shredded Parmesan cheese. The quality and flavor is so much better than the shaker version.
Refrigerate– In a sealed container for up to 2 days.
Freeze– This is not recommended since pasta and all the cheeses don’t thaw well.
Reheat– In the microwave.
More Slow Cooker Pasta Recipes
- Slow Cooker Italian Wedding Soup
- Slow Cooker Spaghetti Sauce
- Slow Cooker Minestrone Soup
- Slow Cooker American Goulash
Slow Cooker Chicken Alfredo
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp Ginger powder
- Salt, To taste
- Pepper, To taste
- 2 Chicken breasts, Large
- 2 jars Alfredo sauce, 16 oz. each
- 1/2 pound Fettuccine pasta, Boiled and drained
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, Full fat, Shredded
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- Pepper, To taste
- Pour alfredo sauce on top of the chicken. Mix it all together.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 2.5 hours or until chicken is fully cooked.
- Remove chicken breasts and use 2 forks to shred them OR use a sharp knife to cut them into small cubes and put them back in the slow cooker. Mix until combined.
- Add the boiled pasta in the crockpot and mix everything together gently.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese, some black pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 2 days and reheated in the microwave.