Slow Cooker Corn Dip
Easy Mexican slow cooker corn dip recipe, homemade with simple ingredients. Full of canned corn, cheese, jalapenos, mayonnaise and bacon bits.
If you are getting ready for a Mexican fiesta, this tasty dip will make your tastebuds dance with spicy flavor and cheesy goodness. Looking for some more yummy appetizers? You won’t want to miss out on these other great recipes for your next get together: Slow Cooker Honey Bbq Wings and Slow Cooker Grape Jelly Meatballs.
How to make slow cooker corn dip recipe from scratch?
- Grease crockpot– With oil.
- Add all ingredients– This includes cream cheese, mayonnaise, Monterey Jack cheese, jalapeno, garlic powder, green onions.
- Mix– Until combined.
- Cover- And cook.
- Add toppings– This includes bacon bits.
What to serve with Mexican corn dip?
It is great with tortilla chips, wheat thins, or your favorite crackers. You can also add it to tacos along with Slow Cooker Taco Meat (Ground Beef) and Slow Cooker Refried Beans, or even these delicious Slow Cooker Steak Tacos.
It can also be added to quesadillas with Slow Cooker Barbacoa Beef or Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken. Since this recipe is typically used as a side dish or appetizer, you may want to pair it with other main entrees, such as the delicious Slow Cooker Frito Pie (Chili Pie).
Variations for creamy cheesy spicy Summer corn dip
Street corn dip/ Elote dip– Follow the same recipe, but use grilled corn instead of canned corn.
Try other cheeses- Such as Mozzarella, Pepper Jack, or Cheddar, depending on the taste you desire.
Add other herbs and spices- Like chili powder, onion powder, or your favorite taco seasoning along with cilantro or parsley.
Mayo substitute- Try full fat sour cream or plain greek yogurt for a healthier alternative.
Use other peppers- If you aren’t a fan of jalapeños, you can try various bell peppers in this dish. On the other hand, if you can take the heat, go a head and add in a more spicy pepper, such as a habanero pepper.
Garnish and topping options- Try fresh herbs such as green onions, cilantro, parsley, shredded cheese, bacon, crispy fried onions.
Tips and Techniques
Fresh corn vs. Canned corn– I found that using frozen corn makes this too watery, so I recommend canned.
Drain canned corn- To remove excess liquid.
How to thicken dip? You may have added too much milk, but no worries! You can always add in more mayo or cream cheese, or even add some sour cream or plain greek yogurt to thicken it up. If all else fails, you can always mix in a cornstarch and water slurry for a thicker consistency.
How to make dip thinner? Stir in some extra milk.
Deseed jalapeños– If you want to reduce the spice level.
For easy prep– I like to use pre-cooked bacon bits that you can simply toss in at the end!
Use full fat cheeses– For maximum richness and creaminess.
Grease crockpot- Because it prevents the dip from sticking and burning.
Use freshly shredded cheese- Because the packaged shredded cheeses can lead to a grainy after-taste/ texture.
Refrigerator- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container for up to 3 days.
Freezer- This is not recommended because dairy does not thaw well and can separate.
Reheat– In the microwave.
More Slow Cooker Appetizers
Slow Cooker Corn Dip
- 2 cans Corn, Drained, 15.25 oz can each
- 1 package Cream cheese, Full fat, Cut into small cubes, 8 oz. package
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise, Full fat
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, Shredded
- 1 Jalapeno, Deseeded, Finely chopped
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 2 tbsp Green onions, Thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp Milk, Whole, Optional
- 1/3 cup Bacon bits
- Grease crockpot (6 quart or larger) with oil.
- Add cream cheese, mayonnaise, Monterey Jack cheese, jalapeno, garlic powder, green onions and mix until partially combined.
- Cover and cook on Low heat for 2 hours, stirring a couple of times during cooking to allow the cheese to fully melt and coat the corn.
- Optional: Stir in some milk, if dip is too thick.
- Sprinkle bacon bits on top or mix it in. Enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days and reheated in the microwave.