Slow Cooker Corn Dip
Easy Mexican slow cooker corn dip recipe, homemade with simple ingredients. Full of canned corn, cheese, jalapenos, mayonnaise and bacon bits.
It’s time for a delicious Fiesta! This tasty dip will make your tastebuds dance with spicy flavor and cheesy goodness. Looking for some more yummy appetizers? You won’t want to miss out on these other great recipes for your next get together: Slow Cooker Garlic Mushrooms and Slow Cooker Grape Jelly Meatballs.
How to make slow cooker corn dip recipe from scratch?
- Grease– Crockpot with oil.
- Add all ingredients– Except bacon and mix.
- Cover and cook– On low heat a few hours.
- Sprinkle– Bacon bits on top or mix it in.
What to serve with Mexican corn dip?
This dip is a great with tortilla chips, wheat thins, or your favorite cracker. You can also add it to tacos using Slow Cooker Taco Meat (Ground Beef) or Slow Cooker Refried Beans, or try these delicious Slow Cooker Steak Tacos. It can also be added to quesadillas with Slow Cooker Barbacoa Beef or Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken. Since this recipe is typically used as a side dish or appetizer, you may want to pair it with other main entrees, such as the delicious Slow Cooker Frito Pie (Chili Pie).
Variations for creamy, cheesy, spicy Summer corn dip
Street corn dip/ Elote dip– Use the same recipe, but the grilled corn instead of canned.
Try other cheeses- Such as Mozzarella, Pepper Jack, or Cheddar, depending on the taste you desire.
Add other herbs and spices- Like chili powder, onion powder, or your favorite taco seasoning along with cilantro or parsley.
Substitute– Mayo for sour cream or plain greek yogurt for a healthier alternative.
Use other peppers- If you aren’t a fan of jalapeños, you can also try various bell peppers in this dish. On the other hand, if you can take the heat, go a head and add in a more spicy pepper, such as a habanero pepper.
Tips and Techniques
Fresh corn vs. Canned corn– I found that using frozen corn makes this too watery, so I recommend canned.
How to thicken dip?- You may have added too much milk, but now worries! You can always add in more mayo or cream cheese, or even add some sour cream or plain greek yogurt to thicken it up. If all else fails, you can always add a corn starch and water slurry for a thicker consistency.
How to make dip thinner?-Stir in some extra milk.
Deseed jalapeños– If you want to reduce the spice level.
For Easy Prep– I like to use pre-cooked bacon bits you can simply toss in at the end!
Refrigerator- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days and reheated in the microwave.
Freezer- I don’t recommend freezing this dish, because dairy does not thaw well and can separate.
More Slow Cooker vegetarian recipes
- Slow Cooker Butternut Squash Soup
- Slow Cooker Yellow Squash Casserole
- Slow Cooker Cream of Broccoli Soup
- Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Chili
- Slow Cooker Eggplant Lasagna
- Slow Cooker Cauliflower Casserole
- Slow Cooker Brown Lentil Soup
Slow Cooker Corn Dip
- 2 cans Corn, Drained, 15.25 oz can each
- 1 package Cream cheese, Full fat, Cut into small cubes, 8 oz. package
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise, Full fat
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, Shredded
- 1 Jalapeno, Deseeded, Finely chopped
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 2 tbsp Green onions, Thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp Milk, Whole, Optional
- 1/3 cup Bacon bits
- Grease crockpot (6 quart or larger) with oil.
- Add cream cheese, mayonnaise, Monterey Jack cheese, jalapeno, garlic powder, green onions and mix until partially combined.
- Cover and cook on Low heat for 2 hours, stirring a couple of times during cooking to allow the cheese to fully melt and coat the corn.
- Optional: Stir in some milk, if dip is too thick.
- Sprinkle bacon bits on top or mix it in. Enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days and reheated in the microwave.