Slow Cooker Creamy Tomato Pasta
Easy slow cooker creamy tomato pasta recipe, homemade with simple ingredients. Loaded with tomatoes, cheese, pesto sauce, Italian herbs.
- 2 jars Pasta sauce, 24 oz. jars each
- 1 cup Broth, Vegetable or chicken, Low sodium
- 1/2 cup Onion, Finely chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, Finely chopped
- 3 tbsp Pesto sauce
- Salt, To taste
- Pepper, To taste
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 pound Ziti pasta, Or penne pasta, Uncooked
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, Shredded
- 1/4 cup Mozzarella cheese, Shredded
- 1/4 cup Cream cheese
Add one jar of pasta sauce, broth, onion, garlic, pesto sauce, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning in a crockpot (6 quart or larger).
Mix until combined.
Add the pasta, parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese and spoonfuls or cream cheese.
Then, pour the second jar of pasta as evenly as you can, on top of the cheeses.
Cover and cook on High heat for 1 hour or until pasta is cooked through.
Please note that your cooking time may vary, based on the brand, size and even age of crockpot you are using. For me, 1 hour was the best cooking time. For you, it could be higher up to 1.5 hours or lower at just 40-45 minutes. Keep a close eye.
Mix everything together.
Garnish with roughly chopped fresh parsley or basil and more shredded cheese. Enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days and reheated in the microwave. A splash of water or broth may be required because the pasta will absorb a lot of the sauce.
Calories: 372kcal, Carbohydrates: 60g, Protein: 13g, Fat: 8g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Cholesterol: 17mg, Sodium: 337mg, Potassium: 218mg, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 3g, Vitamin A: 383IU, Vitamin C: 1mg, Calcium: 116mg, Iron: 1mg