Slow Cooker Sausage Stuffing
Easy slow cooker sausage stuffing recipe, homemade with simple ingredients. Loaded with ground Italian sausage, dry stale bread, herbs, butter, vegetables.
- 1/4 cup Butter, Unsalted
- 1 pound Italian sausage, Casings removed
- 1 cup Onions, Finely chopped
- 1 1/4 cups Celery, Diced
- 2 cloves Garlic, Finely minced
- 1 loaf French bread, About a 1 pound load, Can also use Italian bread, Cut into 1 inch cubes, Should be stale, dry and crusty
- 2 Eggs, Large, Lightly beaten
- 1.5-2 cups Chicken broth, Low sodium, Adjust quantity based on how moist you like your stuffing
- Salt , To taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp Thyme, Dried
- 1 tsp Oregano, Dried
- 1/2 tsp Rosemary, Dried
Add butter in a nonstick pot or pan over medium-high heat.
When it's fully melted, add sausage. Crumble and cook it until no longer pink.
Add onion, celery, garlic and cook until garlic is fragrant veggies are partially softened. This takes about 2-3 minutes.
Note: Use a multifunctional slow cooker that allows you to saute the sausage and vegetables the in the slow cooker. This way, you won’t have to make another pot or pan dirty.
Grease slow cooker (6 quart or larger).
Add dry bread cubes.
Add the cooked sausage and veggie mixture.
Pour the beaten eggs.
Pour the broth. Keep in mind that the moisture will not reduce much in the crockpot since there will be a lid on it.
Sprinkle salt, pepper, dried thyme, oregano, rosemary.
Mix everything together gently until combined.
Cover and cook on Low heat for 4 hours.
Then, stir gently and Enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Tastes best when served immediately but leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 2 days and reheated in the microwave.
- You must use dry, stale bread for this recipe. If you don't have stale bread, cut the fresh bread into cubes. Then, spread out the cubes on a baking tray and bake at 400 degrees F for 7 to 10 minutes or until dried out.
Calories: 422kcal, Carbohydrates: 32g, Protein: 16g, Fat: 26g, Saturated Fat: 11g, Cholesterol: 99mg, Sodium: 910mg, Potassium: 320mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 2g, Vitamin A: 293IU, Vitamin C: 6mg, Calcium: 58mg, Iron: 3mg