Slow Cooker Chicken Pesto Pasta
Easy slow cooker chicken pesto pasta recipe, homemade with simple ingredients with just 10 minutes of prep time. Packed with cheese, basil pesto, shredded chicken.
- 1 pound Chicken breast
- Salt, To taste
- Pepper, To taste
- 1 cup Pesto , Homemade or Store-bought
- 1/4 cup Butter, Unsalted, Sliced
- 1/3 cup Cream cheese, Full fat
- 1 pound Rotini pasta, Boiled in salted water, Drained
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, Shredded, Full fat
- 3/4 cup Mozzarella cheese, Shredded, Full fat
- 1 cup Cherry tomatoes, Sliced in half
- 1 tbsp Basil, Fresh, Roughly chopped, For garnish
- 1 tbsp Parsley, Fresh, Roughly chopped, For garnish
In a slow cooker (6 quart or larger), add the chicken.
Sprinkle salt and pepper.
Pour pesto sauce and mix until combined.
Place slices of butter on top of the chicken.
Cover and cook on Low heat for 5 hours.
Then, use 2 forks to shred chicken.
Add cream cheese and mix until melted.
Add boiled pasta, parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese and mix until combined.
Cover and cook on Low heat for 15 minutes to allow the cheese to melt.
Mix in cherry tomatoes.
Garnish with fresh basil and parsley. Enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 2 days and reheated in the microwave.
Calories: 526kcal, Carbohydrates: 46g, Protein: 25g, Fat: 26g, Saturated Fat: 10g, Cholesterol: 75mg, Sodium: 558mg, Potassium: 398mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 3g, Vitamin A: 1188IU, Vitamin C: 6mg, Calcium: 168mg, Iron: 1mg