Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Casserole
Easy slow cooker sweet potato casserole recipe with pecan & marshmallow topping, homemade with simple ingredients. Classic Thanksgiving side dish.
- 4 pounds Sweet potatoes, Peeled, Cut into small 1 inch cubes
- 1/4 cup Butter, Unsalted, Melted
- 1/4-1/3 cup Brown sugar, Adjust according to your preference of sweetness, Can replace with honey or maple syrup
- 2 tsp Pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Heavy cream, Or whole milk or half and half
- 1.5 cup Marshmallows, Mini size
- 3/4 cup Pecans, Roughly chopped, Can be replaced with candied pecans
In a large slow cooker (6 quart or larger), add sweet potatoes, melted butter, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon powder, vanilla extract and mix until combined.
Cover and cook on Low heat for 7-8 hours or High heat for 3-4 hours or until sweet potatoes are tender.
Remove lid and add heavy cream and mix.
Use a potato masher to mash sweet potatoes until mixture is smooth.
Sprinkle mini marshmallows and pecans on top.
Cover and cook on Low heat for an additional 10 minutes, or until marshmallows are slightly melted.
If you prefer a toasted marshmallow topping, sprinkle marshmallows and pecans on top of the mashed sweet potatoes. Don't cover with lid! Transfer crockpot to the oven and broil for 3-5 minutes or until marshmallows are golden brown.
Serve warm and enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Calories: 410kcal, Carbohydrates: 66g, Protein: 5g, Fat: 15g, Saturated Fat: 6g, Cholesterol: 25mg, Sodium: 192mg, Potassium: 817mg, Fiber: 8g, Sugar: 25g, Vitamin A: 32462IU, Vitamin C: 6mg, Calcium: 90mg, Iron: 2mg