Slow Cooker Chicken Drumsticks
Easy slow cooker chicken drumsticks recipe, homemade with simple ingredients. Super tender chicken is coated in sweet and spicy Asian sauce and can be broiled at end for crispy tops.
- 1/4 cup Soy sauce, Low sodium
- 1/4 cup Sweet chili sauce
- 1/4 cup Chicken broth, Low sodium, Can be replaced with orange juice if you prefer a citrus flavor
- 1-2 tbsp Sriracha sauce, Adjust according to your preference
- 1 tbsp Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Tomato paste, Or ketchup
- 1-2 tsp Sesame oil, Adjust according to your preference as it has a strong flavor and aroma
- 1 tbsp Ginger, Freshly grated
- 3 cloves Garlic, Finely minced
- 1-2 tbsp Brown sugar, Or honey, Adjust according to your preference
- Salt , To taste
- Pepper, To taste
- 3-3.5 pounds Chicken drumsticks, I used skinless
In a large crockpot (6 quart or larger), add soy sauce, sweet chili sauce, broth, Sriracha sauce, vinegar, tomato paste, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, brown sugar, salt, pepper and mix until combined.
Add drumsticks and toss until combined.
Cover and cook on Low heat for about 4-5 hours, or until chicken is cooked through and the internal temperature reads 165 degrees F.
Serve with steamed rice. Drizzle the sauce from the crockpot over the rice and enjoy with the tender drumsticks.
Optional step 1: I didn't do this as I was short on time but this step will add a lovely color on top and make tops slightly crispy. Transfer cooked drumsticks to a baking tray, lined with foil paper and broil for about 5 minutes or until tops are golden brown.
Optional step 2: You can also transfer remaining sauce in the crockpot to a nonstick saucepan and reduce it on stovetop over medium heat until it's thickened and drizzle it on top of the chicken. My mom does something different. She mixes in a cornstarch slurry (2 tbsp cornstarch dissolved in with 2 tbsp liquid from the slow cooker) in the crockpot in the final 20-30 minutes of cooking to thicken sauce. It's up to your personal preference. Enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 2 days and can be reheated in the microwave.
Calories: 347kcal, Carbohydrates: 11g, Protein: 34g, Fat: 18g, Saturated Fat: 5g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g, Monounsaturated Fat: 7g, Trans Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 168mg, Sodium: 1103mg, Potassium: 493mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 9g, Vitamin A: 137IU, Vitamin C: 4mg, Calcium: 28mg, Iron: 2mg