Slow Cooker Pot Roast
The best, classic, old fashioned, easy slow cooker pot roast recipe, homemade with simple ingredients like cream of mushroom soup, onion soup mix, chuck beef, potatoes and carrots. Tender melt in your mouth shredded beef is coated in flavorful gravy.
- 4-5 pound Chuck roast, Trimmed of excess fat
- 1 packet Dry onion soup mix
- Salt, To taste
- Pepper, To taste
- 1.5 tsp Paprika
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1.5 tbsp Garlic, Finely minced
- 1/2 cup Onion, Finely chopped
- 2 cans Cream of mushroom soup , Low sodium
- 3-4 Carrots, Medium size, Cut into circles, Optional
- 2-3 Potatoes, Large, Cut into 2 inch cubes, Optional
Place the roast in a crockpot.
Sprinkle dry onion soup mix, salt, pepper, paprika, Italian seasoning, garlic.
Pour cream of mushroom soup and mix everything until combined.
Cover and cook on Low heat for 6-8 hours.
Add the carrots and potatoes (if you are using them) at the 4 hour point to prevent them from becoming too soft and "mushy." You can add them in the beginning too when you added everything else but I am not fond of the "soft and mushy" vegetable texture.
Use 2 forks to shred the beef and enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days and reheated in the microwave.
- If you are short on time, this can be cooked on high for 4-5 hours but it's not as tender as when you cook it on low for 8-10 hours.
Calories: 705kcal, Carbohydrates: 28g, Protein: 65g, Fat: 37g, Saturated Fat: 17g, Cholesterol: 214mg, Sodium: 1528mg, Potassium: 1626mg, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 3g, Vitamin A: 5395IU, Vitamin C: 18mg, Calcium: 104mg, Iron: 8mg