Slow Cooker Thai Green Chicken Curry
Easy slow cooker Thai green chicken curry recipe, homemade with simple ingredients. Tender chicken is coated in green curry paste, coconut milk and Thai basil.
- 1 can Coconut milk, Full fat, 13.5 oz. can, Unsweetened, Can use half coconut milk and half coconut cream to ensure curry is thick
- 1 tbsp Ginger, Freshly grated
- 2 cloves Garlic , Finely minced
- 4 tbsp Green curry paste, Can add less if you prefer less spice
- 2 tbsp Lime juice
- 1-2 tsp Fish sauce
- 2 tbsp Thai basil, Or cilantro, Roughly chopped, Fresh
- 1 Red chili, Finely chopped, Deseeded
- Salt, To taste
- Pepper, To taste
- 1.5 pounds Chicken breast, Cut into 1.5-2 inch cubes
- 2 tbsp Cornstarch , Dissolved in 2 tbsp liquid/ juices from the crockpot
- 2-3 cups Frozen Asian vegetable mix, Or use combination of thinly sliced red/ green peppers, snap peas, baby corn, green beans, broccoli
In a large crockpot (6 quart or larger), add coconut milk, ginger, garlic, green curry paste, lime juice, fish sauce, Thai basil, salt, pepper.
Mix until combined.
Stir in the chicken and mix until fully coated.
Cover and cook on High heat for about 3 hours or until chicken is cooked through.
In the final 20-30 minutes, remove lid and mix in the cornstarch slurry and vegetables.
Cover and continue cooking until veggies are tender.
Garnish with some red chili flakes for a spicy kick, if you like. Enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days and reheated in the microwave or stovetop.
Calories: 425kcal, Carbohydrates: 10g, Protein: 39g, Fat: 26g, Saturated Fat: 20g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 3g, Trans Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 109mg, Sodium: 383mg, Potassium: 881mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 1g, Vitamin A: 2471IU, Vitamin C: 8mg, Calcium: 54mg, Iron: 4mg