Slow Cooker Chili
Best slow cooker chili recipe, homemade with simple ingredients. Loaded with ground beef, beans and spices. Perfect for game day and an easy weeknight meal!
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 2 pounds Ground beef
- 1 Onion, Large, Finely chopped
- 3-4 cloves Garlic, Finely minced
- 1 can Diced tomatoes, 28 oz. can, Don't drain!
- 3 cans Tomato sauce, 8 oz. cans
- 1 can Green chiles, 4.5 oz. can
- 1/2 cup Beef broth , Low sodium
- 2 tbsp Chili powder
- 2 tsp Cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp Ginger powder
- 2 tsp Paprika
- Salt, To taste
- Pepper, To taste
- 1 tsp Granulated sugar
- 1 tsp Cocoa powder
- 2 cans Red kidney beans, 15.5 oz. cans, Drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup Frozen corn, Optional
- Garnish toppings, E.g. Shredded cheese, olives, sour cream, parsley e.t.c.
Heat oil in a large nonstick pan over medium high heat.
Add beef and cook until it has browned.
Add cooked meat in crockpot, along with onion, garlic, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, green chiles, broth, chili powder, cumin powder, ginger powder, paprika, salt, pepper, sugar, cocoa powder and mix everything together.
Cover and cook on Low for 6 hours or High for 3 hours.
Add red kidney beans, corn and mix.
Cover and cook for 10 minutes on Low until beans are warm. Enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Calories: 547kcal, Carbohydrates: 31g, Protein: 33g, Fat: 34g, Saturated Fat: 12g, Cholesterol: 107mg, Sodium: 2110mg, Potassium: 1795mg, Fiber: 9g, Sugar: 19g, Vitamin A: 2680IU, Vitamin C: 38mg, Calcium: 115mg, Iron: 8mg