Slow Cooker Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Easy slow cooker mashed sweet potatoes recipe for Thanksgiving, homemade with simple ingredients. Loaded with cinnamon & maple syrup. Rich, smooth, creamy.
- 6 Sweet potatoes, Medium sized, Peeled and diced to 1 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup Apple juice, Unsweetened, Or you can use water or low sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup Butter, Unsalted, Sliced
- 1/3 cup Maple syrup, Or Honey or Agave Syrup
- 1/4 cup Heavy cream
- 1/2-1 tsp Cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg powder
In a crockpot (6 quart of larger), add sweet potatoes, apple juice and mix.
Top it off with butter slices.
Cook on High heat for 4 hours or until sweet potatoes are tender.
Turn off heat and add add maple syrup, heavy cream, cinnamon powder, nutmeg powder.
Use an electric mixer or potato masher to mash everything until smooth.
Garnish with additional cinnamon powder or butter slices and enjoy.
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 2 days and reheated in the microwave.
Calories: 419kcal, Carbohydrates: 59g, Protein: 4g, Fat: 19g, Saturated Fat: 12g, Trans Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 54mg, Sodium: 265mg, Potassium: 826mg, Fiber: 7g, Sugar: 21g, Vitamin A: 32682IU, Vitamin C: 6mg, Calcium: 101mg, Iron: 1mg