Slow Cooker Pumpkin Soup
Easy slow cooker pumpkin soup recipe, homemade with simple ingredients. Thick, smooth, creamy. Full of fresh pumpkin, carrots, onion, garlic, ginger.
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Butter , Unsalted
- 1 cup Onion, Finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Carrots
- 3 cloves Garlic, Finely minced
- 6 cups Pumpkin , Peeled and Diced
- 3-4 cups Vegetable broth, Low sodium
- 1 tsp Ginger powder
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg powder
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon powder
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Red chili flakes, Optional
- Salt, To taste
- Pepper, To taste
- 1/2-1 cup Heavy cream, Can replace with full fat coconut milk, Adjust according to your preference
- 1/4 cups Pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
Heat oil and butter in a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat.
Add onions, carrots, garlic and saute for a few minutes until garlic is fragrant.
Transfer this mixture to the crockpot (6 quart or larger).
Add pumpkin, broth, ginger powder, nutmeg powder, cinnamon powder, paprika, red chili flakes, salt, pepper and mix until combined.
Cover and cook on Low heat for 7-8 hours or High heat for 4-5 hours or until pumpkin is soft.
Use a hand-held immersion blender to puree the soup until smooth.
Taste and adjust the seasonings, per your preference.
Stir in heavy cream.
Sprinkle pumpkin seeds and a little bit of paprika. Enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days and reheated in the microwave.
Calories: 158kcal, Carbohydrates: 14g, Protein: 3g, Fat: 11g, Saturated Fat: 6g, Trans Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 32mg, Sodium: 527mg, Potassium: 520mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 6g, Vitamin A: 12330IU, Vitamin C: 14mg, Calcium: 54mg, Iron: 1mg