Slow Cooker Candied Carrots
Easy, tender slow cooker candied carrots recipe, homemade with simple ingredients. Flavored with orange juice, zest, cinnamon, vanilla extract and sweetened with honey or maple syrup. Loaded with butter too!
- 2 pounds Baby carrots
- 1/3 cup Butter, Unsalted, Melted
- 1/4 cup Honey, Or maple syrup, Can add up to 1/3 cup if you prefer these carrots very sweet
- 2 tbsp Orange juice
- 1 tsp Orange zest
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Cinnamon powder
- Salt, To taste
- 1/4 cup Nuts, Such as pecans or walnuts, Roughly chopped, For topping
- 2 tbsp Brown sugar, Optional, For topping
Add baby carrots, melted butter, maple syrup, orange juice, orange zest, vanilla extract, cinnamon powder in a crockpot (6 quart or larger).
Mix until combined.
Cover and cook on Low heat for 5-6 hours or on High heat for 3-4 hours until carrots are tender.
Mix everything halfway through.
Garnish with nuts and brown sugar. Enjoy
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 2 days and reheated in the microwave.
Calories: 236kcal, Carbohydrates: 28g, Protein: 2g, Fat: 14g, Saturated Fat: 7g, Trans Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 27mg, Sodium: 211mg, Potassium: 447mg, Fiber: 5g, Sugar: 20g, Vitamin A: 21180IU, Vitamin C: 7mg, Calcium: 78mg, Iron: 2mg