Slow Cooker Cream of Broccoli Soup
Easy vegetarian slow cooker cream of broccoli soup recipe, homemade with simple ingredients. This rich and creamy soup is full of fresh broccoli, onions, carrots, celery, garlic and swirls of heavy cream or coconut milk.
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Butter, Unsalted
- 1 cup Onion, Finely chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic, Finely minced
- 1/2 cup Carrots, Finely chopped
- 2 stalks Celery , Finely chopped
- 1 head Broccoli, Cut into small florets, Large head
- 4 cups Vegetable broth, Low sodium
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- Salt, To taste
- Pepper, To taste
- 1/2-1 cup Coconut milk, Or heavy cream, Adjust according to your preference
- 2 tbsp Pumpkin seeds, For topping
- 1 tsp Sesame seeds, For topping
- 1/2 tsp Red chili flakes, For topping
Heat olive oil and butter in a large nonstick pan on medium-high heat.
Add onion, garlic, carrot and celery and saute for a few minutes until veggies are partially softened and garlic is fragrant (about 3-4 minutes).
Transfer these vegetables to a crockpot (6 quart or larger).
Add broccoli, broth, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper.
Mix until combined.
Cover and on High heat for 4 hours, or Low heat for for 6 hours.
Use a hand-held immersion blender to puree the soup until smooth.
Mix in additional broth if soup is too thick for your liking.
Stir in coconut milk or heavy cream (Don't stir it in completely. A few white streaks makes a beautiful presentation).
Sprinkle pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, red chili flakes on top. Enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days and reheated in the microwave or stovetop.
Calories: 178kcal, Carbohydrates: 15g, Protein: 5g, Fat: 12g, Saturated Fat: 9g, Trans Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 5mg, Sodium: 725mg, Potassium: 560mg, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 5g, Vitamin A: 2932IU, Vitamin C: 94mg, Calcium: 90mg, Iron: 3mg