Slow Cooker Broccoli Cheddar Soup
Rich, cheesy, creamy, easy slow cooker broccoli cheddar soup recipe, homemade with simple ingredients. Full of cream cheese, cheddar cheese, vegetables (carrots, onions, broccoli).
- 4 cups Broccoli, Fresh, Roughly chopped
- 1 cup Carrots, Peeled, Finely chopped or grated
- 1 cup Onion , Finely chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic, Finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Cream cheese, Full fat, Can add up to 1/2 cup if you want the soup more cheesy
- 1-2 tsp Dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg powder
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- Salt , To taste
- Pepper, To taste
- 2.5 cups Broth, Chicken or vegetable, Low sodium
- 1 can Evaporated milk, 12 oz. can, Full fat, Can also use half and half
- 1 block Cheddar cheese, Freshly grated, 8 oz. block, Full fat
Add broccoli, carrots, onion, garlic, cream cheese, oregano, nutmeg, paprika, salt, pepper, broth in a large crockpot (6 quart or larger).
Mix until combined.
Cover and cook on High heat for 2 hours or Low heat for 4 hours or until carrots and broccoli are tender.
Remove lid and mix in evaporated milk.
Use a hand-held immersion blender to puree about half of the soup. Don't puree it completely because you want to have some chunks and texture.
Mix in cheddar cheese and cook uncovered on High heat for 5-10 minutes until cheese is melted. Enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Calories: 161kcal, Carbohydrates: 17g, Protein: 7g, Fat: 8g, Saturated Fat: 5g, Cholesterol: 28mg, Sodium: 522mg, Potassium: 501mg, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 10g, Vitamin A: 4503IU, Vitamin C: 59mg, Calcium: 209mg, Iron: 1mg