Slow Cooker Creamy Mashed Potatoes
Easy slow cooker mashed potatoes recipe, homemade with simple ingredients. Rich, smooth, creamy, loaded with sour cream, cheese and garlic.
- 5 pounds Potatoes, Peeled, cut into small 1.5 inch cubes
- 1 cup Chicken broth, Low sodium
- 4 cloves Garlic, Finely minced
- 1/3 cup Butter, Unsalted, Diced
- Salt, To taste
- Pepper, To taste
- 2/3 cup Sour cream, Full fat
- 1/2- 3/4 cup Milk, Hot, Whole or 2%
- 1/2 cup Cheese, Combination of cheddar and parmesan cheese, Shredded
- 1-2 stalks Green onions, Thinly sliced, For garnish
- 1 tbsp Additional cheddar cheese, Shredded, For garnish
Add the potatoes, broth, garlic, butter, salt, pepper into a 6qt (or bigger) crockpot.
Cover and cook on High heat for 4 hours or on Low heat for 7-8 hours or until potatoes are very soft and tender.
Use a potato masher or electric mixer to mash the potatoes.
Add sour cream, milk, cheese and mix until thoroughly combined.
Garnish with green onions and cheddar cheese. Enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 2 days and can be reheated in the microwave. You may need to add a splash of milk, if the potatoes are looking too dry.
Calories: 379kcal, Carbohydrates: 53g, Protein: 9g, Fat: 15g, Saturated Fat: 9g, Trans Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 42mg, Sodium: 268mg, Potassium: 1314mg, Fiber: 6g, Sugar: 5g, Vitamin A: 510IU, Vitamin C: 59mg, Calcium: 157mg, Iron: 2mg