Slow Cooker Italian Wedding Soup
Classic, easy slow cooker Italian wedding soup recipe, homemade with simple ingredients. Loaded with vegetables, broth, meatballs, pasta.
- 1 cup Onion, Finely chopped
- 1 cup Carrots, Washed, Peeled, Diced
- 1 cup Celery, Washed, Diced
- 2-3 cloves Garlic, Finely minced
- 7.5 cups Chicken broth, Low sodium
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- Salt, To taste
- Pepper, To taste
- 1 pound Frozen meatballs, Pre-cooked
- 1 cups Acini de pepe pasta, Dry, Uncooked
- 1-1.5 cups Fresh spinach, Roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, Freshly grated, For topping
Add onions, carrots, celery, garlic, broth, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper in 6 quart slow cooker and mix everything together.Tip: For deeper flavor, saute onion, carrots, celery, garlic with some butter and oil on stovetop for 4-5 minutes until they are fragrant and then, add them in the crockpot.
Cover and cook on High heat for 4 hours or Low heat for 8 hours.
Add meatballs and the acini de pepe pasta in the final 30 minutes and and cook on Low heat for 30 minutes until pasta is cooked through.
Finally, mix in spinach and immediately, turn off heat. Allow the heat to soften and wilt the spinach (about 1-2 minutes).
Serve in deep bowls with a generous topping of freshly grated parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 2 days and reheated in microwave or stovetop. Additional broth or water will need to be added when reheated since the pasta absorbs a lot of the liquid and can make the soup thick and chunky.
Calories: 309kcal, Carbohydrates: 18g, Protein: 18g, Fat: 18g, Saturated Fat: 7g, Cholesterol: 57mg, Sodium: 1214mg, Potassium: 610mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 3g, Vitamin A: 3682IU, Vitamin C: 25mg, Calcium: 109mg, Iron: 2mg