Slow Cooker Orange Chicken
Easy slow cooker orange chicken recipe homemade from scratch with simple ingredients. Chicken breasts are coated in sweet and spicy Chinese orange sauce.
- 2 pounds Chicken breast, Cut into small cubes
- 1 tsp Oil, Olive oil or canola oil or vegetable oil
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- 3/4 cup Orange marmalade
- 1/3 cup Orange juice, Unsweetened
- 1/4 cup Soy sauce, Low sodium
- 1 tsp Vinegar
- 2 cloves Garlic , Finely minced
- 1/2 tsp Ginger powder
- 1/4 tsp Red chili flakes, Optional
- Salt, To taste
- Pepper, To taste
- 2 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 tsp Sesame seeds, Roasted, For garnish
- 1-2 tbsp Green onions, Finely chopped, For garnish
In a crockpot, add the chicken pieces, olive oil, sesame oil, orange marmalade, orange juice, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, ginger, red chili flakes (optional), salt and pepper. Mix everything together.
Cover and cook on High for 2 hours.
Remove the chicken and keep aside, leaving behind the sauce.
Whisk the cornstarch into the sauce until fully dissolved.
Cover and cook on High for 30 minutes.
Add the chicken back into the slow cooker and mix.
Garnish with sesame seeds and green onions. Enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 2 days and reheated in the microwave.
Calories: 371kcal, Carbohydrates: 38g, Protein: 40g, Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Trans Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 116mg, Sodium: 888mg, Potassium: 761mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 30g, Vitamin A: 159IU, Vitamin C: 13mg, Calcium: 39mg, Iron: 1mg