Slow Cooker Thai Peanut Chicken
Easy slow cooker Thai peanut chicken recipe, homemade with simple ingredients. Tender chicken breast cubes are covered in a sweet and spicy, smooth and creamy coconut milk and peanut butter sauce.
- 1/2 cup Peanut butter, Creamy
- 1/2 cup Chicken broth, Low sodium
- 1/2 cup Coconut milk, Full fat
- 3 tbsp Soy sauce, Low sodium
- 1 tbsp Sriracha sauce
- 2 tbsp Vinegar
- 1-2 tbsp Honey, Adjust according to your preference
- 2 tsp Sesame oil
- 3 cloves Garlic, Finely minced
- 1 tsp Ginger powder
- Salt, To taste
- Pepper, To taste
- 1/2 tsp Red chili flakes
- 2 pounds Chicken breast, Cut into small 1 inch cubes, Boneless
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch, Dissolved in 1 tbsp water, Optional
- 1-2 tbsp Lime juice, Adjust according to your preference
- 2 tbsp Green onions, Finely chopped, For garnish
- 1-2 tbsp Peanuts, Roasted, Roughly chopped, For garnish
Add peanut butter, chicken broth, coconut milk, soy sauce, sriracha sauce, vinegar, honey, sesame oil, garlic, ginger powder, salt, pepper, red chili flakes and mix until combined.
Add chicken breast cubes and mix until fully coated in the peanut butter sauce.
Cover and cook on Low heat for 4 hours or until chicken is cooked through.
Mix in cornstarch slurry and lime juice.
Cook uncovered for 15-20 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.
Garnish with green onions and peanuts. Enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days and reheated in the microwave.
Calories: 386kcal, Carbohydrates: 11g, Protein: 40g, Fat: 21g, Saturated Fat: 7g, Trans Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 97mg, Sodium: 912mg, Potassium: 815mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 5g, Vitamin A: 120IU, Vitamin C: 7mg, Calcium: 31mg, Iron: 2mg