Slow Cooker Candied Sweet Potatoes
Easy candied sweet potatoes recipe, homemade with simple ingredients. Tender sweet potatoes are are coated in a sticky butter brown sugar glaze.
- 1/2 cup Orange juice, Or water Or apple juice Or apple cider
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 tsp Cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Granulated sugar
- 5 Sweet potatoes, Large, Peeled, Cut into small 1 inch cubes
- 1/4 cup Butter, Unsalted, Sliced
- 1/2 cup Pecans, Roughly chopped, For topping, Optional
Spray slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
Add water, cornstarch and whisk until there are no lumps.
Add cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, vanilla, brown sugar, granulated sugar and mix until combined.
Add sweet potatoes and mix until coated.
Add slices of butter on top.
Cover and cook on Low heat for 4-6 hours or on High heat for about 3 hours.
Be sure stir everything together halfway through.
Prior to serving, sprinkle pecans on top. Enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days and reheated in the microwave.
Calories: 409kcal, Carbohydrates: 69g, Protein: 4g, Fat: 14g, Saturated Fat: 5g, Trans Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 20mg, Sodium: 371mg, Potassium: 741mg, Fiber: 7g, Sugar: 36g, Vitamin A: 27002IU, Vitamin C: 15mg, Calcium: 86mg, Iron: 2mg