Slow Cooker Cabbage Soup
- 3-4 cups Cabbage, Can be roughly chopped or use coleslaw mix
- 1 cup Onion, Finely chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, Finely minced
- 2 stalks Celery, Diced
- 1-2 tsp Italian seasoning, Adjust according to your taste
- 1/2 tsp Chili powder
- Salt , To taste
- Pepper, To taste
- 1 can Stewed tomatoes , 14.5 oz. can
- 2 tbsp Tomato paste
- 6 cups Broth, Vegetable or chicken, Low sodium
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 cup Frozen vegetables, Combination of green beans, carrots, peas, corn
- 1-2 tsp Lemon juice, Freshly squeezed, Adjust according to your taste
- 1 tbsp Parsley, Fresh, Roughly chopped, For garnish
In a large crockpot (6 quart or larger), add cabbage, onion, garlic, celery, Italian seasoning, chili powder, salt, pepper, stewed tomatoes, tomato paste, broth, bay leaf.
Mix until combined.
Cover and cook on High heat for about 3 hours or on Low heat for about 5 hours or until vegetables are tender.
In the final 20 minutes, mix in frozen vegetables.
Turn off heat and mix in some lemon juice.
Discard bay leaf.
Garnish with fresh parsley and enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days and reheated in the microwave or stovetop.
Calories: 78kcal, Carbohydrates: 18g, Protein: 3g, Fat: 1g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Sodium: 1169mg, Potassium: 409mg, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 8g, Vitamin A: 2447IU, Vitamin C: 26mg, Calcium: 67mg, Iron: 2mg