Slow Cooker Barbacoa Beef
The best, classic, easy slow cooker barbacoa beef recipe, homemade with simple ingredients. Tender beef melts in your mouth. Packed with chipotle peppers and adobo sauce.
- 4 pound Chuck roast , Cut into large cubes, Brisket can also be used
- 1 cup Onion, Finely chopped
- 1 cup Beef broth, Low sodium
- 2 tbsp Lime juice
- 2 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 4 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1-2 Bay leaves
- Salt, To taste
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 tbsp Oregano , Dried, Preferably Mexican oregano
- 1 tbsp Cumin powder
- 3 Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, Must add 1 tbsp canned adobo sauce too
- 1 can Green chiles, 4 oz. can
- 1-2 tbsp Cilantro, Fresh, Roughly chopped, For topping
Add all the ingredients in a crockpot (3 quart or larger).
Cover and cook on low heat for 6-8 hours. You can cook on high heat for 3-4 hours but the best results come from low and slow cooking.
Remove and discard bay leaves.
Shred with 2 forks and toss everything together.
Garnish with finely chopped cilantro. Enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Calories: 420kcal, Carbohydrates: 2g, Protein: 44g, Fat: 26g, Saturated Fat: 11g, Trans Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 156mg, Sodium: 192mg, Potassium: 795mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 1g, Vitamin A: 62IU, Vitamin C: 2mg, Calcium: 63mg, Iron: 6mg