Slow Cooker Pasta
Easy slow cooker pasta recipe, homemade with simple ingredients. Starts off with pasta sauce jars and packed with Italian herbs, onions, green peppers, garlic, parmesan cheese.
- 2 jars Pasta sauce , 24 oz. jars each
- 1 cup Broth, Vegetable, Low sodium, Can be replaced with water
- 1/2 cup Onion, Finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Green peppers, Finely chopped
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- Pepper , To taste
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 pound Ziti pasta, Uncooked
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, Freshly shredded or grated
Pour one jar of pasta sauce, broth, onion, green peppers, garlic powder, pepper, Italian seasoning in a crockpot (6 quart or larger).
Mix until combined.
Add the pasta and parmesan cheese.
Then, pour the second jar of pasta as evenly as you can, on top of the cheese.
Cover and cook on High heat for 1 hour or until pasta is cooked through. Be sure to stir everything together at the 30 minute point. Please note that your cooking time may vary, based on the brand, size and even age of crockpot you are using. For me, 1 hour was the best cooking time. For you, it could be higher up to 1.5 hours or lower at just 40-45 minutes. Keep a close eye.
Garnish with fresh parsley or basil and more parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days and reheated in the microwave. A splash of water or broth may be required because the pasta will absorb a lot of the sauce.
Calories: 325kcal, Carbohydrates: 60g, Protein: 13g, Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 6mg, Sodium: 298mg, Potassium: 224mg, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 3g, Vitamin A: 194IU, Vitamin C: 11mg, Calcium: 122mg, Iron: 1mg